Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!
Meowy Christmas!

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Hi! Thank goodness the election is all over!!! I've had all the back-stabbing, mud-slinging political ads I ever want to see!  I did go and vote and was very lucky to live in a small precinct  so I didn't have to wait at all.  

My cold is still lingering on a bit. I can't get rid of my cough. But I'm sure it will pass in time.

Today I went to my stamp club class. We made 3 cards. I can't post what I made yet because I didn't finish. I had to leave to go to my class at UNF. I love this class. It's called 'Wild about Jax Zoo'. This was the 2nd one & unfortunately there's only one week left. But that will be a 'field trip' or as the school calls it 'an ed-venture'! Next Wednesday we meet at the zoo and will get to tour the diet kitchen where they fix all the food for the animals. We will also have a talk by the Zookeeper. I can't wait! I love the zoo!!! I don't go in the summer because it's so hot. And I've was laid up all last fall & winter from my knee & ankle surgeries. And I have a membership so I get in free all the time. Those who know me know I just have to post some of my fave photos I've taken over many trips to the zoo! I have hundreds of pics! It's really hard to pick out just a few!
Sandhill Crane

Komodo Dragon
Komodo Dragon
Feeding the Giraffe
"Go ahead, Make my Day"

 Quito, the Silver-backed Gorilla
Me feeding the Giraffe
"Give me a little kiss, will ya, huh?"
Green Mamba snakes - Highly Venomous

Wood Stork with babies. They don't belong to the Zoo,
 the storks just took up residence in the trees at the zoo!
Quito is a ham! He sat there and posed for me!
 It's so much fun to watch him-maybe he thinks the same about us!
This is a Ground Leadbeaters Hornbill. He's got a big bug I guess.
I have a pic of one with a mouse in his mouth but it's not a
  good photo plus I love how the eyelashes gleam in the sun.

 I'm off to bed now. Have to go to T.O.P.S. tomorrow & I've probably gained weight :(

Good night!
Hugs,
Cindy
  

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment