Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!
Meowy Christmas!

Sunday, December 9, 2012





I'm back! Been so busy! I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! We did. We had a big get-together at my grandson's & his wife's house.  It was a full and happy day. I'm so late posting this picture, but I had to do so much editing of it of which I won't take up time explaining all I did. Maybe I'll post the original to save words.
The finished one.
Had to take out all the table clutter & the blinding light!
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've been crocheting something for my new grandbaby to be but can't tell or show anyone yet. You understand! And I won't be able to until the end of March.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Also, I've been knitting a scarf for myself to wear at our Red Hat Ladies Christmas party which was Sat. But I haven't knitted in years and this was something new and unusual! I had to start over several times. Most of the times were because I the needle slipped out of my hand and also out of my stitches!! And no matter how careful I was I couldn't pick them up and continue. This 'yarn' is very usual. It's called Sashay yarn. Finally, Thurs, the last time the needle slipped out I took an emery board and 'roughed-up' the very smooth bamboo needles. It helped a lot.
Molly was trying to 'help' me knit!!

But finally after many 'NOs' she gave up and slept!

And I finished Fri. night in time for my party! This pic was after my party which is why my hair is all messed up from my red hat!
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Okay, here's the pix from the Red Hat Foxes Christmas Party. It was held at Sawgrass Beach Club at Sawgrass Country Club. It was a fun time!!!
Me before going to the party. My hat looks plain cuz all the decorations I put on it are on the top. & the scarf doesn't show up on my vest which is why I took previous one in my mirror afterward.
A sea of red hats!



Some of the hats were really clever!
Unfortunately I wasn't too keen about the food. I like my daughter's cooking way better than this. This is the 'salad'!
The entree which was 3 slices of pork loin, a little scoop of mashed potatoes, about 6 pieces of vegetables, and a sauce that I didn't like. It's not like me to complain about food but couldn't help it. The other choice was salmon.

Dessert was a choice between Apple Cobbler w/a scoop of ice cream or this chocolate cake (German I think). I should have gotten the cobbler.


My friend Bertha and me.
I love this lady's hat with the Peacock feathers

The pearl part of this bracelet is what a corsage was on at my grandson's wedding. See the inset picture. I couldn't stand the thought of throwing it away so kept it. For the Red Hat party I put a red crocheted flower on it. I can put different things to match different outfits.

Some of the ladies sat on the step & the rest of us stood around the top of the stairs. I was hoping to get more red hats in the picture.
The girl at the end is taking the formal picture of us. I didn't get my camera to her so I don't have one of them.

Well, I have put way too much here. I will close for now. I will try to post more often. Hope you all are doing well on your holiday preparations! Gotta be doing better than me!!! I didn't even get Christmas cards made this year so I'll have to design one on my computer to be printed out. Good night for now! 

HUGS, 
Cindy      

No comments:

Post a Comment